CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 17, 2009


Hi All!

Hope your weekend has been a good one. Here, in Canada, it is a long weekend. We have Monday, Victoria Day, off. The weather for this long weekend in May is notoriously icky, but we've been rather fortunate this year, it's just a bit lower than the seasonal average...not much rain!
Today's card features a second stamp from C.C. Designs' Bugga-Boos. As you've seen, it is the cute little ladybug.
Card Details:
  • stamps-ladybug is C.C. Designs' Bugga-Boos, sentiment is C.C. Designs' Cookie Crumbs line Ladybug Friends set and stitching is Stitched Borders by Sassafrass Lass

I stamped the ladybug in StazOn Jet Black and coloured her with Reeves watercolour pencils. Her back and antennae were glossified (no, I don't think that's a word, but it just seems like the perfect verb in this case) with Judy Kin's Diamond Glaze. Ladybug's spots were coloured black and I added Diamond Stickles to give them a little sparkle. I think I will have to pick up a few more Stickles colours, black Stickles would have looked better on the spots. The sentiment and stitching were stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black.

  • patterned paper-lush lines by Penelope's Potpourri
  • cardstock die cuts-Spellbinders' Nestabilities' Labels Four (a new purchase!)
  • photo anchors and brads-Making Memories
  • ribbon-Bobbin Ribbon
  • buttons-oops, threw out the packaging

I must confess I cased the idea of placing ribbon around the ladybug's pigtails. I believe I saw it on the C.C Designs' Blog. The card was too cute and the ribbon idea adorable.

I am going to attempt to make a card with my new Whiff of Joy's Melinda for tomorrow's post. I've got her coloured, she is beautiful! Melinda's designer, Elisabeth Bell is so incredibly talented!!

C.C. Designs Stamps, StazOn ink, Stickles and Spellbinders from Phebe, The Town Scrapper.

Until the next one...

Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment