CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 20, 2009


Good Wednesday Evening!
I've spent quite a bit of time today working with my latest acquisitions. Phebe, owner of The Town Scrapper, provided me with a new High Hopes stamp and Nicholson's Peerless Transparent Water Colors. I love to use watercolours to colour-in my stamped images, as does Phebe. She is thinking of carrying Nicholson's Peerless Transparent Water Color Sheets in her store, but wanted to try them out prior to doing so. Phebe has given me the opportunity to give them a shot too! I have, therefore been a busy little painter today(in between making meals, playing outside, building Tinkertoy creations and breaking-up a few brotherly disagreements:o).
It is going to take me a little while to get accustomed to the watercolour sheets. I've been using watercolour pencils since I began card-making and feel, at this point, I have more control with them. I do find however, using the sheets far more like traditional watercolour painting, as I have done some watercolour painting in the past. I love the look achieved with the sheets, it creates a "true" watercolour appearance, in my opinion.
Now, to today's card...It's focal image is a High Hopes stamp. High Hopes Rubber Stamps is a great local stamp company. Is Catrina imagining herself as a contestant on American Idol or Britain's Got Talent?
Card Details:
  • stamps-Catrina and sentiment are High Hopes

Catrina was stamped with StazOn Jet Black and coloured with Nicholson's Peerless Transparent Water Color. Diamond Stickles was used on her microphone to add a little shimmer. The sentiment was stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black.

  • patterned design paper-Free Bird "Love" Desire Paper by Deena's Penny Lane(My Mind's Eye)
  • cardstock die cuts-Spellbinders' Nesties Classic Ovals Small
  • brads-orange Glitter Brads by We R Memory Keepers, star by Marah Johnson

Stamps, Nicholson's Peerless Transparent Water Colors, design paper, brads from The Town Scrapper.

Tricia

1 comment:

  1. i do love how you watercolored with the peerless.Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete