CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 10, 2009



Happy Thursday!!


I've been waiting this week to post a card with another of Phebe's/The Town Scrapper's new SWEETIE PIE stamp images. We, Phebe's design team, have been dying for the stamps to physically arrive at the store (The Town Scrapper), but nothing YET... Their grand arrival is expected any day now!!!! Stay tuned, maybe it will be tomorrow?!


Soooooo, today's post is card I made for our friends' new arrival. This card was quite teeny as I wanted to attach it to a gift bag of a coordinating colour. It features an adorable lion stamp from The Greeting Farm's Wild Things stamp set.

Card Details:

  • stamps-image is from The Greeting Farm's Wild Things set, sentiment is My Favorite Things' Lots a Love set, stitching from Stitched Borders by Sassafrass Lass (one of my most used and loved sets)

Lion was inked-up with StazOn Jet Black and stamped on Fabriano 140 lbs cold pressed watercolour paper. He was painted with Nicholson's Peerless Transparent Watercolour sheets. The lion's hair was given some shine using Judy Kins' Diamond Glaze and his mane was made to sparkle with the help of Diamond Stickles. The sentiment and stitching were stamped with Versafine Onyz Black. In order to provide a 3D effect, I stamped and painted the lion image twice and layered one on top of the other using a "pop dot" type adhesive.

  • patterned design paper-Oh Baby! Boy by Basic Grey

  • cardstock-Core'dination

  • ribbon-The Paper Studio

  • bling-Brenda Walton's Adhesive Rhinestones by K&Company

I hope to make and post addition cards made with this extra-cute stamp set. There is also a mouse (it looks like a mouse to me??), bear, bird and monkey featured in this collection.

The Greeting Farm and My Favorite Things stamps, as well as the Core'dinations cardstock was obtained from PHEBE, THE TOWN SCRAPPER.

Have a terrific Friday and a wonderful weekend!!!


Tricia

2 comments:

  1. Tricia,

    I love this card! That layout is great...think I may have to "borrow" that! The colours, and the colouring are fabulous! For the record, I love "teeny" things! I have always wanted to make a set of "mini" cards!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete