CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 29, 2010

EEEK! Are you afraid of mice?

TGIF!!  I couldn't wait for this weekend to arrive.  The boys are so excited to get dressed-up and head out the door on Sunday.  This year my eldest has chosen to dress-up as Iron Man.  No, he has not seen the movie, he is far too young...he'd be scared silly.  I haven't seen it either, I'm a real chicken when it comes to anything a little scary.  My middle guy had his heart set on Spiderman.  Our nine month old (boy, time flies) will dress as a little bat.  I will be sure to post a Halloween pic of the three boys all costumed-up.

Now, on to my Halloween-themed cards.  I made cards for each of the boys' teachers.  Spiderman, or SPIDER HENRY was the ideal choice.  WHIFF OF JOY offers this ADORABLE superhero as a FREE DIGI.  He can be found here...THANK YOU WHIFF OF JOY!!!

As you'll see I used the same image for both cards, but changed-up the layouts a bit.  I was absolutely dying to give double-sided adhesive sheets and glitter a shot.  Phebe, the TOWN SCRAPPER, generously provided me with some supplies so I was off to the races.  Henry was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and odourless mineral spirits.  The first card is based on a Mojo Monday card sketch.  Here are my two similar guinea pig creations:





Well, that's it for today.  Just a little reminder of THE TOWN SCRAPPER'S current BUTTON CHALLENGE now underway.  Check out all the details, HERE.

HAPPY HAUNTING!

Tricia 

stamps:  Spider Henry (DIGI) by Whiff of Joy, sentiments by Amy R. Stamps
paper:  patterned paper is Making Memories' Spook Alley 2009 , cardstock is The Paper Studio
embellishments:  spiders and bats are Making Memories' Spook Alley and the web is from Cricut's Wild Cards cartridge. 

1 comment:

  1. Tricia, these cards are great!! The glitter is a fantastic effect. I love all the layers of DP too...I'm sure the recipients loved these beauties!

    ReplyDelete